Website Template Licence
All Baker Creative website templates come with a one time, single use license. This license grants you (the purchaser) an ongoing, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use the Item you have purchased.
You are licensed to use the purchased Item to create one single End Product for yourself or one client. The End Product is a customised implementation of the Item. You will need to purchase the same template again if you plan to use the same design in connection with multiple projects.
What you CAN do
- You can create one End Product (customised implementation) for a single client, and you can transfer that single End Product to your client for any fee. When you transfer an End Product to another person, you transfer your license to that person.
- You can modify or manipulate the Item. You can combine the Item with other works and make a derivative work from it. The resulting works are subject to the terms of this license, no matter the extent of the modifications.
In a nutshell: You can customise our products as you wish, but, whether you’re using it for yourself or a client you can only create ONE end product and all end products are subject to this license.
What you CAN’T do
- You can’t sell the End Product, except to one client. Your client can't resell the End Product.
- You are not allowed to "duplicate" a website template and use it for another website. You must purchase an additional instance of the website template.
- You can't incorporate the purchased template in work that is created for redistribution or resale by you or your client.
- You can’t resell the Item as a template. You can’t re-distribute for free or resell the template, even after modifications.
- Neither you, or your client can extract a single component out of a template and use it outside the scope of the End Product.
- You can’t use an Item or single component from an Item in a logo, trademark, or service mark.
In a nutshell: You can resell a purchased template, but only to one client and that person cannot resell their End Product. You can’t distribute our products for free, and you can’t extract elements of the design to use as you wish.
Additional license terms
- A component of the Item may be externally sourced (such as stock images or icons). Different license terms may apply to the component, such as an open source or creative commons license. If so, the component/s will be identified and the other license will apply to that component instead of this license. This license will still apply to the rest of the Item.
- Items that contain digital versions of real products, trademarks or other intellectual property owned by others have not been property released. These Items are licensed on the basis of editorial use only. It is your responsibility to consider whether your use of these Items requires a clearance and if so, to obtain that clearance from the intellectual property rights owner.
- You can only use the Item for lawful purposes.
- If an Item contains an image of a person, even if the Item is model-released you can’t use it in a way that creates a fake identity, implies personal endorsement of a product by the person, or in a way that is defamatory, obscene or demeaning, or in connection with sensitive subjects.
- This license can be terminated if you breach it. If that happens, you must stop making copies of or distributing the End Product until you remove the Item from it.
- Baker Creative retains ownership of the Item but grants you the license on these terms.