Your summer reading list
“What motivates you to do what you do?”
Sitting under the fairy lights in the leafy backyard at a friend’s Christmas party, sangria in hand, the conversation with our new friend had skipped right over the surface level questions and into the deep stuff. And I loved it.
Our answer? We do it for the freedom and flexibility. We do it to make a living. But mostly we do it for the impact we can have.
Kane and I get really excited seeing people doing what they love. We don’t want them to have to settle in a job they feel lukewarm about because they couldn’t stand out in their industry and find the clients they needed to be profitable.
We get warm fuzzies by helping people like you look professional, stand out, feel confident and kick goals.
In just 15 days we’ll be ringing in the new year. And we want your next year to be wildly profitable and successful in any way you want to define it.
So, today in our last post for 2019, I’m rounding up the freebies and blog posts that are going to help you plan for an incredible year (or decade) ahead.
If you’re wondering—
- How do I create a clear, strong brand message?
- How do I get more customers?
- How do I get more website visitors to buy?
- How do I create a brand identity that looks professional? Or
- How do I create a website that does most of the selling for me?
I’ve answered all of those questions right here on the blog. So if you’re new here, missed some of our articles or just want to revisit some forgotten posts, I’ve collated some of the best ones below.
This time last year I wrote a post on how to evaluate the previous year and set goals for the year ahead. If you’re not sure what you need to focus on, that’s the perfect place to get started! Otherwise, jump into the posts that are most relevant to what you want to achieve below.
Creating a strong brand message
- Why your brand needs to pick a fight
- The simple hack that's guaranteed to strengthen your sales message
- How to tell people what you do in 3 simple steps
- What’s sticky and stands out?
- Why you need to get on board with the rule of one
- Uncover your brand difference with this proven method
- Want more customers? Stop being their hero.
- The ultimate brand checklist
Attracting more of the right customers
- How to identify & attract your ideal customers
- The art of repelling customers
- 11 surefire ways to stand out in a competitive market
- Why you need a marketing budget (and how much to spend)
- How to attract new customers to your business
Turning browsers into buyers
- How to sell when you hate selling
- How to fill up your calendar with paying clients (swipe this)
- Why it’s time to ditch your newsletter
- Risky business: Customer beliefs that are derailing your sales
- 5 irresistable reasons to start building your email list
- The secret to building an offer they can’t refuse
- Website health check
Creating the perfect visuals for your business
- Branding your business: when to splurge & when to save
- The logo buyer's guide: Balancing brand goals & budget
- Perfect match: Finding the right designer for your business
- How to plan for a rebrand
Creating a website that does the selling for you
- Writing the perfect about page
- How to find and curate eye-catching website photos (+ free imagery planner)
- The failproof formula for crafting your brand story
- This is how you build trust online
- 8 ways to elevate your website copy
- How to plan your website like a pro
- The truth about why your website lacks personality
- 4 fast ways to optimise your website homepage
- Website planner
Optimising your business and productivity
- Behind the scenes: The essential tools that keep our business humming
- Why repetition trumps perfection
- An inside look at our customer processes
- Mastering the art of constructive feedback
Happy reading! We're working on lots of content and freebies to help you stand out online in 2020 and we want to know what you're interested in. Would you like to see more design related tutorials? More of our internal processes? We'd love to hear your requests and ideas! Pop your suggestions in the comments below!